Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Oganization Ideas

I need to get my life together, my goodness. I am so unorganized, its making me crazy.
I was on the Martha Stewart website and I found alot of really cool ideas. Pictures from her website, mine will follow as soon as I finish them.



Few bathrooms have enough places to hang towels. Stacking towel bars behind closed doors is a great way to remedy the shortage and use space efficiently. A flat or single-paneled door provides a crisp frame for three bars; furthermore, it's easier to affix them to a wooden door (as most are) than to a wallboard or a plaster wall. Hang the hardware according to package instructions, evenly spacing the bars along the length of the door.

----- I am thinking of doing my black and white floral print as the bigger towels, then deep red small towels layered over that!! It will be a pretty focal point when you stand in front of the mirror haha.



Bathroom Organizer
THIS IS A BRILLIANT IDEA. I have no room for anything in my tiny apt. but its so cute I will make anything work.



Combs, brushes, and toothpaste take up considerable space when laid horizontally on a shelf. Flat-backed, self-adhesive cups on the inside of the cabinet door hold them more efficiently. Before pressing the cups in place, line them up between the shelves. To ensure the door can close, put thin items on the shelves in the spots where the cups will take up some space.



Read more at Marthastewart.com: Easy Organizing Tips – Martha Stewart


CUBBYHOLE SHELVES
YES! The best idea ever, I dont know why I didnt think of this. Since my bathroom is black white and red, I am going to do the shelves black, add red towels and red decor... especially some really pretty decor accents from Hobby Lobby.




Keep bathroom items neat and accessible with cubbyhole shelves for large items and surgical jars for small toiletries and accessories. The jars, available at medical-supply stores, have easy-to-grab stainless-steel lids. Each of the shelves is made from five pieces of 3/4-inch-thick plywood. The top, bottom, and two sides are each 12 inches by 9 inches; the back is a 12-inch square. The top, bottom, and sides are mitered along the ends, glued together, and secured with 1 1/2-inch finishing nails. If carpentry isn't your cup of tea, you may want to avoid mitering. Instead, have the lumberyard cut the boards for the box's top and bottom to be 10 1/2 inches by 9 inches, and the sides 12 inches by 9 inches. Glue the ends of the bottom and top boards to the inside edges of the side boards, and secure with finishing nails. Glue on the back, and secure with more finishing nails. Sand, prime, and paint the wood. Screw the finished shelves right into the wall through the back (centering them on a stud), and cover the screws with paint.



Read more at Marthastewart.com: Bathroom Cubbyholes - Martha Stewart Home and Garden

No comments:

Post a Comment